Subscribe to our newsletter to receive the latest SafeAccess articles, straight to your inbox.sign up
A new YouTube channel, Ami Explains Abortion, contains a series of short videos to guide people through the information they might need when deciding on an abortion option.
The videos align with WHO guidance around safe abortion and post-abortion care and include information on:
- Understanding the safe abortion options available
- How to assess the weeks of pregnancy (gestation)
- The safety and efficacy of methods
- How to use medical abortion medication (both misoprostol-only and the mifepristone-misoprostol combination)
- What to expect during an abortion, expected side effects and potential warning signs
- How to know if an abortion has been successful
- Advice on potential emotions around ending a pregnancy
The videos are available in English and French, with subtitles:
- English: Your abortion options – Ami Explains Abortion
- Français: Vos options d’avortement – Ami explique l’avortement
Watch the first video in the Ami Explains Abortion series here:
The Ami Explains Abortion videos are designed to be used by people accessing safe abortion care, and those supporting them, including through:
- People searching for information on how to take abortion pills online
- Community mobilisers, hotlines, and contact centres, who would like to signpost users to accurate, accessible and open-source information
- As a job aid during a consultation, for example, during clinical counselling, at a pharmacy or drug shop, or as a follow-up resource to refer to after a consultation.
For more information, access the Ami Explains Abortion YouTube channel.
You might also be interested in: Explainer Video: How to take Misoprostol & Mifepristone pills for abortion